The Liverpool School Board’s vision is to provide educational programs and enrichment opportunities that encourage each child to achieve academic and personal excellence. Our students must attain the intellectual and emotional growth necessary to be successful as independent thinkers, effective communicators, responsible citizens and life-long learners.
The mission of the Liverpool Central Schools Board of Education is to provide leadership, guidance, and resources to help our schools meet the educational needs of all students.
Beliefs of the Board
In order to ensure excellence in education we believe it is important to:
- Make the well-being of our students the fundamental principle in all decisions and actions.
- Promote and maintain high standards for students and staff.
- Encourage staff, students and parents to partner in and be accountable for the learning process.
- Provide a range of opportunities for students with varying interests, skill sets and ability levels.
- Support enrichment and extracurricular opportunities.
- Provide a secure, respectful, orderly learning environment for students and staff.
- Support the use of technology as a tool for instruction and learning.
- Monitor accountability through data and student achievement.
- Support strategic planning.
- Function as effective, trustworthy stewards of the financial resources provided to us.
- Optimize resources to enhance educational opportunities and high expectations.
- Employ and maintain a highly qualified, motivated staff.
- Ensure equity among buildings and programs.
- Maintain reasonable class sizes.
- Foster pride in our students, staff, administration and community.
- Create a sense of community that embraces the diversity that exists in our District.
- Foster positive relationships among the Board, staff and community through two-way communication and transparency.
- Promote citizenship and civic mindedness.
- Practice and promote ethical behavior.