News View All News »
It's Bresnahan Book Award Week!
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 -
Starting Monday, June 8, the Liverpool Central School District and the Liverpool Public Library will bring you exciting story-time reads of the five books nominated for the 2020 Bresnahan Award.
The book award was created in 2014 by members of the LCSD Library Department in memory of esteemed colleague Lori Bresnahan. Students in grades K through 5 read the nominated books and then voted for their favorites. The five finalists will be read by distinguished guests on the LCSD and Liverpool Public Library Web sites, as well as the LPL Facebook page, beginning Monday with the winning book read on Friday.
Day #1: Meet Reuben, Mrs. Budmen's (Soule Road Middle library media specialist) grand-dog. Reuben is going to help us figure out this year's Bresnahan Book Award winner!
Day #2: Reuben takes us bird watching to announce the next Bresnahan Book Award nominee!
Day #3: Reuben dresses as an astronaut to help us find the Bresnahan Book Award winner.
Day #4: Reuben and a few friends reveal another Bresnahan Book Award nominee as they check out nature under a moonlit sky.
Visit each day to catch the titles of the books and the identity of the readers!
LPL Facebook (click here)
Here are this year’s nominees:
- Grumpy Monkey: written by Suzanne Lang and illustrated by Max Lang
- Elmore: written and illustrated by Holly Hobbie
- The First Men Who Went to the Moon: written by Rhonda Gowler Greene and illustrated by Scott Brundage
- Can I Be Your Dog?: written and illustrated by Troy Cummings
- Moon: A Peek-Through Picture Book: written and illustrated by Britta Teckentrup