News View All News »
Kindergarten Registration Takes Place March 19
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 -
The Liverpool Central School District is preparing for kindergarten registration for the 2015-2016 school year. All resident students born on or before December 1, 2010, are eligible to register for kindergarten for the 2015-2016 school year. Please take a moment to read the following information to find out more about registering students for kindergarten. It is important for families to know that all registration forms must be submitted, and approved, before a spot will be held for a student.
In February, kindergarten registration packets will be mailed to families who have a child eligible to enter kindergarten. If you have an eligible child, but do not receive an information packet by February 13, contact the Office of Elementary Education at 315-622-7177 for a packet.
What Do I Need to Register My Child?
In addition to the registration packet, the following documents are needed to register:
- Birth Certificate (Original)
- Immunization Record from Doctor (Not transcribed in a record book - NYS Requirement)
- Proof of Residency (One of the following: current telephone, cable or electric bill, signed lease or purchase offer)
- Parent Photo Identification (Resident parent must register child in person)
Certain cases may require additional documentation. These include residency affidavits, court issued custody documents, Individual Education Plan (IEP), or Foster Parent Form (DSS-2999).
Each elementary school will hold kindergarten registration on Thursday, March 19. Registration must be done in person by the resident parent or legal guardian at the elementary school of their residence. Note: Children who will attend a private, parochial or charter school need to be registered at the District Office during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
- Chestnut Hill Elementary: 315-453-0242
- Donlin Drive Elementary: 315-453-0249
- Elmcrest Elementary: 315-453-1252
- Liverpool Elementary: 315-453-0254
- Long Branch Elementary: 315-453-0261
- Morgan Road Elementary: 315-453-1268
- Nate Perry Elementary: 315-453-0272
- Soule Road Elementary: 315-453-1280
- Willow Field Elementary: 315-453-1196
According to NYS law, children entering kindergarten are asked to complete several small tasks called “kindergarten screening.” Upon registration, parents will be notified of the scheduled screening dates.
Need More Info?
Questions regarding kindergarten registration procedures should be directed to the Office of Elementary Education at 315-622-7177.