News View All News »
‘Learn to Swim’ Program to be Offered at LHS
Thursday, September 28, 2017 -
The Liverpool Central School District’s Learn to Swim Program will once again offer swim lessons to district students during the 2017-2018 school year.
Lessons will take place on Thursdays and Saturdays (with one exception) at the Liverpool High School Pool and will be offered at four levels: beginner (level 2), advanced beginner (level 3), intermediate (level 4) and advanced (level 5/6). Members of the Liverpool High School Boys and Girls Varsity Swimming and Diving Teams teach the classes. The students are certified life guards and trained swim instructors.
There are two sessions scheduled:
- Session 1: October 28, November 2, November 4, November 9, November 11, November 16 and November 20 (Monday)
- Session 2: November 30, December 2, December 7, December 9, December 14, December 16 and December 21
Classes will meet twice per week and class times are as follows:
- A: Saturdays from 10:15 to 10:55 a.m. and Thursdays from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m.
- B: Saturdays from 11 to 11:40 a.m. and Thursdays from 6:50 to 7:20 p.m.
- The Monday class will be held at the same time as Thursday classes
All LCSD third-graders are eligible to one free session. Cost is $40 per session for all other LCSD students.
Registration will take place at the LHS Pool on:
- Saturday, October 7, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 12, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 20, from 6:15 to 7:15 p.m.
E-mail and phone registrations will not be accepted. For more information, please e-mail Jay Graham, LHS pool director, at email@example.com. For more information about the LCSD Swim Program at the LHS Pool, visit www.liverpool.k12.ny.us/departments/athletics/lhs-pool-info/.