News View All News »
LHS Athletic Hall Seeks Nominations
Thursday, January 23, 2020 -
The Liverpool High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is looking for former Liverpool graduates who have distinguished themselves on the athletic fields at LHS. The gymnasium lobby at LHS displays the Hall of Fame inductees who have been honored since the first class of inductees in 1987. More than 200 individual plaques honor past inductees for their athletic achievements and contributions to the athletic program.
This year’s ceremony continues a tradition of many years of formal inductions and will take place on Sunday, May 31, at 2 p.m., in the LHS Cafeteria. It will be followed by a catered dinner in the cafeteria by Tony’s Restaurant of Syracuse.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
A) have attended Liverpool High School
B) have participated in at least one Varsity Sport at LHS
C) submit, or have submitted on their behalf, a written resume of his/her athletic achievements at LHS
D) be at least 5 years out of high school (before the class of 2016)
Nominations will be accepted for:
1) INDIVIDUAL ATHLETES… with emphasis on their accomplishments at LHS.
2) CONTRIBUTOR... an outstanding contributor to athletic programs of LHS, either in coaching or other service related to Liverpool athletics. Coaches must be RETIRED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INDUCTION.
3) TEAM NOMINATIONS… those teams that have won state championships or were ranked #1 in the state at the end of the season before there were state playoffs.
Nominations for induction will be taken until March 31, 2020. The submission guidelines below list the information needed by the committee for evaluation. Once the nomination is submitted, the nominee will remain eligible for the next five years.
Nominations should be sent to:
Liverpool High School
4338 Wetzel Road
Liverpool, N.Y. 13090
LHS Athletic Hall of Fame Submission Guidelines
- Name of Nominee
- Year Graduated from Liverpool High School
- Years at Liverpool Address of Nominee
- Sport or Sports in which the Nominee Participated
- Awards and Recognition from the League, Section III, Region, State or All- American designation
- Records Set
- Nominee’s Accomplishments after High School
- Current Employment of Nominee
- Personal Comments
- Person Making the Nomination (include address and contact information)