News View All News »
LHS Seniors Win Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
Monday, March 19, 2018 -
Ten Liverpool High School seniors recently received regional honors as part of the 2018 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards.
Students taking Writing Workshop 3 with LHS English teacher Kelly Frantz were given the opportunity to submit either an individual piece or a writing portfolio (consisting of four pieces) for consideration.
Receiving honors were:
- Trinity Gray: gold key for her science fiction/fantasy piece
- Kathleen Salanger: gold key for her dramatic script
- Garrett Sirotkin: gold key for his science fiction/fantasy piece
- Cara Sparks: silver key for her critical essay and honorable mention for her poetry
- Catrina Tulowiecki: silver key for her memoir and honorable mention for her flash fiction
- Dana Ethan: silver key for his science fiction/fantasy piece, honorable mention for his dramatic script and honorable mention for his flash fiction piece
- Kristina Moore: honorable mention for her flash fiction piece
- Madison Rice: honorable mention for her humor piece
- Lauren Caldwell: honorable mention for her dramatic script
- Mary Buehler: honorable mention for her science fiction/fantasy piece Gold key winners will have their work submitted to the national competition.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are presented by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, a non-profit organization whose mission is to recognize students with exceptional artistic and literary talent.