News View All News »
NYS Revises State Travel Advisory During Pandemic
Saturday, November 7, 2020 -
Dear Liverpool CSD Families:
Last weekend, New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo announced changes to the state’s travel advisory as it relates to domestic travel.
Individuals will now be allowed to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine when traveling to another state.
The new travel advisory guidelines are as follows:
- For travelers who were in another state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a negative COVID-19 test result within three days of departing the state they are visiting.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must take another COVID test. The traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test result.
For students or staff who travel to another state for more than 24 hours, the Liverpool Central School District will require proof of both COVID-19 test results before that student or staff member can return to school.
- For travelers who were in another state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out the traveler information form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Dr. Mark F. Potter
Superintendent of Schools