News View All News »
Renovations to Impact Some LCSD Buildings This Summer
Monday, June 29, 2015 -
While the school year is quickly coming to a close, several Phase One and Phase Two renovation projects will soon gear up for the summer.
Work scheduled for the Chestnut Hill Complex will begin as soon as the school year is over, and Chestnut Hill Elementary will be closed to the general public beginning June 26. The CHE main office will be relocated to the former Wetzel Road Elementary building that same day.
The Chestnut Hill Middle main office will be relocated to CHE at the end of July, but the main office will be the only part of that building open until August 10.
Earlier this year, the Liverpool Central School District Board of Education approved the relocation of CHE students to WRE and CHM students to CHE during renovation work at both buildings.
CHE students will begin classes at WRE in September 2015, and possibly return to CHE in early 2018, while CHM students will begin classes at CHE in September 2015, and possibly return to CHM in early 2017.
At Liverpool High School, the second half of the building’s roof replacement project will begin as soon as the school year ends. The LHS pool and main gym will remain open to the public (please use the gymnasium entrance to access the building), however the rest of the building will be closed. The LHS offices will be relocated to the LHS Annex for the summer months.
In addition to the extensive work at the Chestnut Hill Complex and LHS, work also will take place at several additional buildings.
- Morgan Road Elementary is scheduled for a flooring replacement project this summer. The main office will remain open, however the rest of the building will be closed to the public.
- The Soule Road Complex is scheduled for a preventative maintenance and cable replacement project for its electric service the week of July 6. Power to the entire building will be shut down that week and both Soule Road Elementary and Soule Road Middle will be closed to the public.
Parents or community members who need to speak with someone in the main office of any building impacted by renovation work are asked to call and, if necessary, make an appointment.
The phone number for each building will remain the same:
- Chestnut Hill Elementary: 453-0242
- Chestnut Hill Middle: 453-0245
- Morgan Road Elementary: 453-1268
- Liverpool High School: 453-1500
- Soule Road Elementary: 453-1280
- Soule Road Middle: 453-1283
The Phase One Capital Project was approved by voters in April 2011, while the Phase Two Capital Project was approved by the community in March 2014.