News View All News »
Three LCSD Students Advance to State Bus Safety Poster Contest
Thursday, May 19, 2016 -
Posters created by Elmcrest Elementary third-grader Senad Selimovic, EE sixth-grader Meliha Selimovic and Morgan Road Elementary sixth-grader Tyler Heron recently were selected as first place winners at the regional level of the 2016 National School Bus Safety Poster Contest. The Central New York Association for Pupil Transportation sponsored the regional contest.
The three posters will now advance to the state level of the poster contest and judging will take place during the New York Association for Pupil Transportation’s annual conference to be held in Albany this July.
Each year during the month of March, Liverpool Central School District bus drivers introduce the poster contest and its rules to students during their spring emergency bus drills. At the beginning of May, LCSD Transportation Center staff members judge the posters submitted by students.
This year’s theme was “Stop on Red” and the winning posters from the district level moved on to the CNYAPT’s chapter-level poster contest.
District level poster contest winners were:
- Division 1:
- First Place: Liverpool Elementary first-grader Darshana Kuppuraj
- Second Place: Morgan Road Elementary second-grader Kaden Lake
- Third Place: Liverpool Elementary second-grader Dimitri Tomkiell
- Division 2:
- First Place: Elmcrest Elementary third-grader Senad Selimovic
- Second Place: Soule Road Elementary second-grader Semira Connelly
- Third Place: Morgan Road Elementary fourth-grader IsabelAnn Mendez
- Division 3:
- First Place: Elmcrest Elementary sixth-grader Meliha Selimovic
- Second Place: Soule Road Elementary sixth-grader Kasey Hughes
- Third Place: Liverpool Elementary sixth-grader Riley Striffler
- Division 4:
- First Place: Morgan Road Elementary sixth-grader Tyler Heron
- Second Place: Morgan Road Elementary second-grader Cameron Jennison-Babcock
- Third Place: Long Branch Elementary kindergartner Ahriana McLaurin