News View All News »
CHM Holds Golden Shovel Groundbreaking Ceremony
Thursday, May 26, 2016 -
The Liverpool Central School District and Chestnut Hill Middle communities recently celebrated the start of renovation work at the Chestnut Hill Complex.
Representatives from the district, Ashley McGraw Architects and Lend Lease, as well as members of the CHM Parent Teacher Group and the CHM Student Council gathered outside the middle school building to officially “break ground” on the renovation project.
The work at CHM is part of the Phase Two Capital Project approved by voters in March 2014. The CHM-portion of the project includes:
- Improving Classrooms, Kitchen, Library and Gymnasium
- Replacing Roof
- Replacing Flooring
- Replacing Ceilings
- Replacing Lockers
- Installing ADA Accessible Toilets and Hardware
- Improving HVAC System Upgrading Plumbing (Fixtures, Piping Systems, Water Heaters)
- Upgrading Electrical (Power, Lighting, Fire Alarm, Communication)
- Upgrading Science Rooms
- Upgrading Family and Consumer Science Rooms
- Improving Nurse’s Office
CHM students will continue to attend classes at the Chestnut Hill Elementary building throughout the renovation process. The district anticipates CHM students will return to the renovated middle school in the fall of 2017.