“Does the Liverpool Central School District offer Pre-K?”
Until recently the answer was “no,” but in late 2017 the district was awarded a New York State Pre-Kindergarten grant that allowed it to establish an Expanded Pre-K Program for LCSD four-year-olds beginning in January 2018.
Students must attend the program five days a week for two-and-a-half hours per day. Instruction will be consistent with the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core, which focuses on a child’s social/emotional, cognitive and physical development.
Transportation to and from the program will be the responsibility of parents/ guardians.
To be eligible for the 2018-2019 school year, a child must:
- Turn four years old between December 2, 2017 and December 1, 2018
- Reside in the Liverpool Central School District
Those interested in having their child participate in the Expanded Pre-K program are asked to fill out a notice of interest form online.
Timeline for the 2018-2019 EPK Program
- March 18: Last day for families to complete the EPK Notice of Interest Form online to be considered for the initial selection process.
- March 26: EPK acceptance letters will be mailed to families with registration directions.
- April 16: Families selected for the EPK program register with the Liverpool Central School District by following the directions and timelines contained in the EPK acceptance letter.
- Week of June 25: EPK placement letters will be mailed to families.
If EPK seats become available after the initial selection process, families will be notified of an opening based on when they initially submitted their notice of interest.