Twelve Liverpool High School students recently were honored as part of the 2023 CNY Scholastic Art Awards program. The annual competition recognizes the achievements of hundreds of students throughout 14 Central New York counties.
Two LHS students were recognized with special awards as part of this year’s program. LHS senior Alex Ni received The Sage Scholars Educational Foundation Award for Best Digital Art, while LHS sophomore Zenat Sahak received The Syracuse Peace Council Award for Peace and Justice. Only 13 Gold Key winners were presented with special awards.
In addition, the following LHS students were honored:
- LHS senior Emma Fenwick: Silver Key, Photography
- LHS senior Madison Seeley: Honorable Mention, Photography (2)
- LHS senior Noel Ellis: Gold Key, Digital Art (2); Gold Key, Comic Art
- LHS junior Hannah Lee: Gold Key, Digital Art; Honorable Mention, Digital Art
- LHS senior Alex Ni: Gold Key, Digital Art; Silver Key: Drawing & Illustration (2); Silver Key, Painting
- LHS senior Edward Ogindo: Silver Key, Comic Arts
- LHS sophomore Mauricio Rodriguez: Honorable Mention, Painting
- LHS freshman Layla Vang: Silver Key, Mixed Media
- LHS senior Martla Adjei: Gold Key, Fashion
- LHS sophomore Zenat Sahak: Gold Key, Editorial Cartoon; Honorable Mention, Comic Art
- LHS sophomore John Francey: Silver Key, Fashion
- LHS junior Jacinda Connelly: Honorable Mention, Printmaking
More than 4,000 pieces were submitted for consideration during this year’s Scholastic Art Awards. About 1,155 were selected for display from now until March 3 at the Whitney Applied Technology Center at Onondaga Community College.