Board of Education
Students must attain the intellectual and emotional growth necessary to be successful as independent thinkers, effective communicators, responsible citizens and life-long learners. Our vision is to provide leadership, guidance and resources to meet the educational needs of all students.
In order to ensure excellence in education we believe we must:
- Make the well-being of our students the fundamental principle in all decisions and actions.
- Function as effective, trustworthy stewards of the financial resources provided to us.
- Support strategic planning and optimize resources to enhance educational opportunities.
- Support enrichment and extracurricular opportunities to provide a range of opportunities for students with varying interests, skill sets and ability levels.
- Ensure equity among buildings and programs throughout the district.
- Provide secure, respectful, orderly learning environments for students and staff.
- Employ and maintain highly qualified, motivated staff.
- Monitor accountability through data and student achievement.
- Support partnerships that provide accountability for the learning process.
- Foster positive relationships among Board, staff and community through transparency and two-way communication.
- Practice and promote ethical behavior.
The mission of the Liverpool Central School District Board of Education is to prepare each child to achieve academic and personal excellence.