Diversity is who we are...
- Diversity includes but is not limited to race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, veteran status, education, marital status, language, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, genetic information, and learning styles.
Equity and Inclusion is where we are going…
- Equity is the guarantee of fair treatment, access, opportunity, and advancement for all while striving to identify and eliminate barriers that have prevented the full participation of all groups.
- Inclusion is authentically bringing traditionally excluded individuals and/or groups into processes, activities, and decision/policy making in a way that shares power and ensures equal access to opportunities and resources.
Accountability is the Why...
- Individual Accountability is staff work within their own classroom, build connections with students and families and personally grow to serve the students in front of them.
- Professional Accountability is staff work through the PLC process and contribute to the overall school and district growth.
- NYSED Accountability is Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Data