Temporary Resident Assistance
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RELATED INFORMATION:
On June 17, 2020, Governor Cuomo signed the Emergency Relief Act that created the COVID Rent Relief Program (RRP) which provides up to 4 months of rental assistance for NYS renters with the greatest rent burden.
NYS Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) will open the RRP application period on Thursday, July 16 and it will be open for only 2 weeks.
To qualify, applicants must have:
- Primary residence in New York State;
- Income below 80% Area Median Income;
- Experienced a rent burden, defined as paying more than 30% of gross monthly income towards rent;
- Lost income during any period between April 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020;
- Rent not greater than 125% of Fair Market Rent; and,
- At least one household member must be a U.S. citizen or meet one of the immigration criteria found here.
[Households living in public housing or in receipt of Section 8 housing assistance are not eligible for RRP.]
McKinney-Vento Act Homeless Assistance
District Homeless Liaison
195 Blackberry Road
Liverpool, NY 13090
The McKinney-Vento Act covers children and youth who don't have a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residency. If you're uncertain if you qualify for this coverage contact the District's Homeless Liaison.