Dear Liverpool CSD Parents/Guardians:
Our elementary schools and middle schools have begun to prepare for the administration of the New York State grades 3-8 ELA & Math Assessments and the New York State grades 4 & 8 science assessments. All students, both hybrid learners and remote learners, have been taught grade level standards and are prepared for the NYS grades 3-8 assessments.
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) focus has been on the health and safety of all students, teachers, and staff members and was pursuing a waiver from the United States Department of Education regarding the administration of state assessments. Yesterday it was announced that the waiver was not granted.
NYSED has made the following adjustments state assessments:
- Only session 1 for ELA and math assessments will be required.
- No embedded field questions, thereby reducing the administration time for session 1.
- Only the Written Exam for grades 4 and 8 science will be required.
- Results will only be used to measure student learning of the standards and will not be tied to any accountability for the school or teachers.
- Students who are 100% remote are not required to participate in the assessments.
- If parents/guardians of remote learning students would like to have their child take session 1 of the grades 3-8 ELA or math assessment or the grades 4 & 8 written exam for science, please contact your child’s building principal to plan accordingly.
In the past, Liverpool CSD has used these assessment results for instructional purposes, and we will continue to use these assessments in that manner to support the needs of our students. Liverpool CSD will continue to administer ELA and math assessments through the Computer Based Testing (CBT) format.
The Liverpool CSD test administration dates are as follows:
ELA (Session 1 only)
- April 19th …..Grade 3
- April 20th …..Grade 4
- April 21st …..Grades 5, 7 & 8
- April 22nd …..Grade 6
- Make-ups will occur during the testing window of April 20th to April 29th
Math (Session 1 only)
- May 3rd …..Grade 3
- May 4th …..Grade 4
- May 5th …..Grades 5, 7 & 8
- May 6th …..Grade 6
- Make-ups will occur during the testing window of May 4th to May 14th
Science (Written Exam only)
- June 7th…..Grades 4 and 8
- Make-ups will occur on June 8th and June 9th
If you should have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your child’s building principal.