Bus Rider's Responsibilities
Student Management Transportation Supervisor Michael Zopff (315) 453-0287
Before Boarding the Bus
- Carry loose items in a backpack.
- Please make sure there are no drawstrings hanging from clothing.
- No scarves and no decorative key chains hanging from backpacks. These could become caught in the door.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. This helps our substitute drivers locate your bus stop and the students. DO NOT wait inside your home, then run out to the bus.
- Wait 15 feet away from the road.
- Do not roughhouse at the bus stop.
- Wait until the bus has stopped completely and the door is open and Red Lights are flashing before approaching the bus.
- If you need to transport an item too large to fit on your lap, make other arrangements to get to school that day.
During the Ride
- Listen to any instruction from the bus driver—he/she is there to prevent injury to you and others.
- No animals, flammable materials of any kind, large items such as skateboards, snowboards, skis, large instruments, etc. may be transported on a school bus. The first time a student takes a disallowed item on the bus, the bus driver will issue a warning. At subsequent times, the driver will not allow that item on the bus. Please call 453-0287 with any questions you have about specific items.
- Weapons of any kind will not be tolerated on the bus. A violation may result in a five-day suspension & a Superintendent’s Hearing with the possibility of more serious consequences. (In accordance with the Gun Free Schools Act (1994), possession of guns on buses or school property could result in at least a one-year suspension.)
- Behave on the bus as you are expected to behave in class. Be courteous; do not use profane language.
- Eating, drinking and smoking on the bus ARE NOT tolerated.
- Keep the bus clean; whatever you bring on the bus must leave with you.
- Don’t damage the bus—it’s school property, owned by the residents of the Liverpool School District.
- Fighting, pushing and shoving ARE NOT tolerated.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus at all times.
- STAY IN YOUR SEAT at all times, do not change seats unless the bus driver tells you to do so.
- COOPERATE with the bus driver at all times. The bus driver may assign seats.