LHS Commencement 2021 - Saturday, June 26, 2021
- Student-Only Graduation Ceremony (9 a.m.) - Members of the Class of 2021 will attend an in-person ceremony in the LHS Gymnasium, dressed in their graduation caps and gowns. This ceremony will consist of the traditional speeches, performances, and student recognitions found in a typical Liverpool High School Commencement Ceremony. The ceremony will be live streamed for family members to view from home.
- Diploma Ceremony (11 a.m. to approx. 5:30 p.m.) - A diploma ceremony will take place in the Liverpool High School Stadium (LHS Gymnasium as a backup location for rain/weather concerns). Following state and county guidelines, graduates and up to eight (8) of their immediate family members will walk up to a stage located in our stadium at designated times. Graduates will have their name announced and will walk our graduation stage to receive their diploma, with their family members nearby to experience this important moment with them. This ceremony will be live streamed for additional family members to watch at home. Additionally, a professional photographer will be taking pictures of each of our graduates and other photography locations will be set up for families to take their own pictures.The specific guidelines, procedures, and schedule for this event will be sent in the coming weeks.
Livestream Link: Coming Soon!
- Males: dress shirt, tie, dress slacks, shoes, and socks.
- Females: dress, skirt, and blouse, or dress slacks and blouse, shoes.
Gold honor cords will be distributed the week before graduation. More detailed information to follow.
Diplomas will be handed to seniors immediately following the walk across the stage. Our academic advisors will provide a diploma envelope for each student.
A photographer will be taking three photos of each graduate. “Thumbnail samples” will be mailed/emailed to your home free of charge with the option of purchasing.
Air horns, cowbells, beach balls, silly string, and other disruptive items should not be brought to the ceremony.
- No cell phones should be used as you are receiving your diploma on stage.
- Students should not bring purses to the graduation ceremony. There is no place to store them during the ceremony.
IF YOU HAVE NOT ORDERED YOUR CAP & GOWN, please visit the Jostens website (www.nygrad.com) IMMEDIATELY to order or see either Mr. Smith in Room 415 or Miss Olden in Room 307.
LHS Commencement Rehearsal
TBD - more information to be posted soon.
It is expected that ALL STUDENTS who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony be at the rehearsal. This includes January Grads, BOCES, Career Academy & students attending any other external programs.
Do not bring caps & gowns to rehearsal.